Monday, May 4, 2015

The Foods

Being a young, newly-married means learning a lot of new things (at least it has for me).

Carey and I got married about a year ago, and have since learned all about paying bills, grocery shopping, car insurance, credit cards, car repairs, laundry, budgeting, hospitality, juggling school/marriage/house cleaning/work....

But something that I really haven't mastered is keeping our meals interesting/different. I tend to make the same sort of foods over and over. Thankfully, my husband is a saint and never complains. But that doesn't keep me from wanting to improve. 

So lately I've been meal planning (which helps a lot with grocery shopping and budgeting). But instead of just making what I know how to make, I've started to find new recipes to add to each meal plan. It's been a lot of fun, tasted great, and made me feel hope in the cooking department (and has made Pinterest actually useful for once!).

Why I'm explaining all of this is because what I'd like to do, for fun and for motivation, is to kind of keep a log on here of what I've tried, what works, what was horrible, etc.

Follow along with my little summer project if you'd like. :)

This next two weeks I'll be attempting:

Black Bean Burgers
Stromboli with Cauliflower Crust
Kale Parmesan Gnocchi Soup 
Kale Chickpea Garlic Salad
Grilled Pineapple and Sriracha Chicken salad
"Best Chicken"
Crockpot Tacos
Chicken and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
Paleo Lemon Bars
Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles 
and some Turkey/Egg Muffin thing

No comments:

Post a Comment